Tuesday, July 21, 2009

California


We are settling back into our routine and the warm Texas temperatures after enjoying a special trip to California to celebrate my brother's wedding. We were able to catch up with several family members during our trip in between the different wedding festivities. I apologize, the photos are not all in chronological order...I am still getting in the hang of blogging...


Through the awesome powers of facebook I was able to copy and paste a photo of Jeff and Amanda...and Jeff and B, I will never forget my camera at a wedding again...Amanda was truly glowing in her beautiful gown and Jeff looked pretty handsome himself!

After rehearsing for the big day, we enjoyed a fantastic rehearsal dinner over looking West lake, near where Amanda grew up. We couldn't have asked the Lord to provide a more beautiful sunset as the backdrop for the evening, the night was filled with family, friends and lots of funny Jeff and Amanda stories. This photo is of Jeff and his beautiful bride, Amanda, thanking everyone at the rehearsal dinner.


We spent one evening enjoying some beautiful southern California weather at my mom's cousin's house. The night was filled with a lot of catching up between cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles...it was great to be able to sit outside, watch the water and simply enjoy being together...
my mom's cousin has an incredible gift of hospitality, our time there was so special!


B enjoyed a couple trips to the pool at our hotel. He loves to swim and be in the water, but does not like to sit in his wet swimsuit after he is done swimming...yes, this photo is capturing him just chillin' in a towel....hopefully we aren't developing any inappropriate habits!




Are these two related? B is looking more and more like different members of both of our families...it is so much fun to see the similarities.



B enjoying some good diaper time and a bottle from his Great Grandpa Bob. My grandparents babysat Owen for an hour or two while I attended different wedding related events...they seemed to really enjoy that time with him...I think B enjoyed it too! My grandpa gives great big bear hugs...B can't wait for his next one...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!



B enjoying a quick nap on his Great Grandma Marion's shoulder resting up for the big day!




Swimming with Uncle Jamey...



Just about to hit his limit...




We were able to take a couple quick trips to the beach after all the wedding festivities had come to an end. B wasn't real impressed by the cold Pacific water...but for the sake of the baby book...his toes did get wet! This photo is of the three of us at the beach near the Santa Monica Pier, the Ferris wheel is just behind B's head. We couldn't decide what was better at the beach...the sun, sand and water or the people watching?



B was awesome during the rehearsal dinner...he slept through it! This is him parked and asleep while people ate. He woke up about half way through the toasts and started to fuss a little...I have to admit that when he started to fuss I thought "Oh no, some one's baby is getting unhappy...then I thought to myself...oh, that's my baby!" After waking up, he enjoyed sitting with Chad as the toasts came to an end.



This photo captures Owen and Chad toasting with one another...


It's so hard to get photos of the three of us together...we will take advantage of every opportunity we can get!




I don't have much of a caption for this photo...but the photo speaks for itself...B is blessing us everyday with lots and lots of reasons to smile and laugh!




B's first convertible ride...he wasn't real impressed, he fell asleep! And again, was not real impressed by the sunglasses!



On the day of the wedding I forgot our camera, so unfortunately I don't have photos of the beautiful bride, handsome groom and other gussied up family members...hopefully I will be able to get some from friends and family. B looked adorable in his little smocked outfit...I wish I could get Chad to let me dress him like this more often! The ceremony and reception were beautiful...but what matters most is that Jeff and Amanda are now officially married and our family has grown...praise God for the gift of marriage!





All in all it was a sweet trip spent with family and friends...and some great California sunshine!



1 comment:

JJC said...

looks like y'all had a great time! ...b has been to the pacific twice now! your dress looks perfect. ;)