Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Green Beans


Since B is rounding the corner towards six months...it is finally time to add some "color" to he repertoire...so tonight, he will be trying green beans! I am not quite ready for the mess that solid food will entail...but it is time...


We went grocery shopping over the weekend and purchased some green beans. I steamed the beans and then placed them in the blender with a little bit of water...started the blender and...BAM! I Discovered green pureed beans....YUCK! I did taste them, something that I have vowed to do, and they tasted as they should...like mashed up green beans! I then poured the green "potion" into ice cube trays and placed them in the freezer. We now have green ice cubes waiting to be enjoyed...hopefully C won't accidentally place one B's ice cubes in his water for dinner tonight...though that may be a way to get C to eat more vegetables!


I love the way that B is pursing his lips in this photo with his green beans...it is almost as if he knows how good they will taste! I will be sure to post photos of his reaction to the beans!

No comments: