Tuesday, September 8, 2009

B's First Day of School

It is official...summer is "unofficially" over, not because Labor Day has come and gone, but because B has started school!

Last Wednesday, C, B and I enjoyed meeting B's teachers at Meet the Teacher morning. Both C and I were so impressed by his teachers and have total peace about him starting school, in fact, one of his teachers has been teaching at this school for 18 years! We learned all about what a typical "school day" would look like and were sent home with the task of labeling everything that may ever enter the school's doors...I had a "Oh my goodness, I am a mom" moment as I sat in his nursery with my black Sharpee marker...the majority of his belongings now have his intitials written on them!

B's first official day was on Friday...in effort to get both B and I out of the door on time, I set the alarm a little too early...meaning B got some good time in his excersacuer before we left...

When it was finally time to leave, B had some very heavy eyes, as you can see in this photo. School starts right smack dab in the middle of B's morning nap time...I had to snap a photo though...since he wasn't getting on a school bus, I figured it was appropriate for his "first day of school" photo to be taken in the car.

The day was a success! B's teachers said that he did well and that they looked forward to seeing him next week. When we arrived home, we were welcomed with some bright colored balloons. My mom always had balloons, cookies and ice cream waiting for us and all the neighborhood kids at the bus stop on our first days of school...the tradition is continuing...maybe next year B will be able to have some ice cream or cookies?!


B really enjoyed the balloons. C held B up close to the balloons and he batted at them with his hands and smiled and giggled.

I think it is going to be a great year! I am so thankful that the Lord provided B's little school and precious teachers to love and care for him.

No comments: