Sunday, June 14, 2009

Early Father's Day & Birthday Celebration

I accidentally posted these photos in reverse order...just scroll to the bottom of the post and move up...


After walking we found a little hole in the wall restaurant called Hanks Casual Diner to eat dinner, let me take a moment to "plug" this restaurant...both Chad and I were quite impressed! After dinner we walked around the square some more and found a little ice cream shop where we both enjoyed some Bluebell Candy Jar ice cream...the entire day was so special...I am so thankful I got to celebrate with friends, family and my two boys!

We left the cross at the store to be grouted and look forward to see it all completed hopefully next week...


And walked around the Granbury town square...while we were walking, we found this little store that has ceramic pottery and mosaics available to make...Chad was sweet and had the idea to make a cross for our family's cross wall...I never thought that I would see Chad glue little pieces of glass with such precision...we both had a lot of fun...(Chad was a really good sport)...





After our Father's Day lunch...Owen enjoyed some time at home with Chad's parents and our friends, Kendrick and Jennifer, so Chad and I could go on a little birthday sussy trip to Granbury...it was such a gift to have time together. We visited The Barking Rocks Winery in Granbury...




It's hard to get photos of the three of us...Chad's arm isn't quite long enough to take "self takes"...so when we have the chance to get a family photo we take total advantage of it!



We enjoyed lunch with Chad's parents and celebrated Father's day a little bit early. Owen helped Chad open his very first Father's Day gift...


Yesterday was truly a sweet day...
I woke up to these beautiful blue eyes as Chad and Owen sang their own rendition of Happy Birthday to You...then we headed to Bluebonnet for some breakfast








No comments: